THE FACTS ON THE 21st ANNUAL OVAL NATIONALS!
- EVENT: 21st Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals Presented by All Coast Construction
- WHERE: “Southern California’s Home to Major League Sprint Car Racing,” Perris Auto Speedway on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (18700 Lake Perris Drive, Perris, CA 92571)
- TRACK: 1/2-mile clay oval.
- WHEN: Thursday, November 10, Friday November 11 and Saturday November 12.
- PROGRAM: Qualifying, heats, preliminary and A Mains each night.
- PRACTICE: Free for fans in the grandstands at 6:00 PM Wednesday, November 9. $2.00 pizza, beer and soft drinks.
- WHO: The Amsoil USAC National and CRA Sprint Cars.
- SANCTIONING BODY: United States Auto Club (USAC)
- TIMES: Spectator gates will open at 4:00 PM on Thursday & Friday with racing at 7:00. Gates will open and 3:00 PM Saturday with racing at 6:30.
- PURSE: $130,480.00. $5,000.00 to win and $500.00 to start the A mains on Thursday and Friday. $25,000.00 to win and $1,000.00 to start the A main on Saturday.
- GRAND MARSHAL: 1999 Oval Nationals Champion “Super Rickie” Gaunt
- TONY JONES HARD CHARGER AWARD: To the driver who passes the most cars in Saturday’s “A” main event.
- RAY SCHEETZ MECHANIC OF THE RACE AWARD: Named after the legendary crew chief who had 10 sprint car championships and 155 race wins.
- DEAN THOMPSON HIGH POINTS AWARD: Named after the National Sprint Car Hall of Famer. The awards goes to the driver who accumulates the most total points on the two preliminary nights.
- BILL AND EVELYN PRATT MAIN EVENTS: Named after longtime car owners and officials Bill and Evelyn Pratt. Thursday’s main will be the “Bill Pratt Main Event” and Friday’s main will be the “Evelyn Pratt Main Event.”
- TICKETS: Advance tickets available by phone at 1-800-595-4849 or online at: http://pas.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=7. There will be plenty of tickets available for everyone at the ticket window all three nights. We will not sell out.
- ENTRIES: As this piece went to press 48 cars had been pre-entered (complete list at the end of this release). More expected at race time.
- 2015 WINNER: Bryan Clauson
- PAST CHAMPIONS PRE-ENTERED: Mike Spencer (2012), Damion Gardner (2009, 2011), Chris Windom (2010), Dave Darland (2005, 2006, 2013), Bud Kaeding (2001, 2002, 2007). Complete list of past winners below.
- AUTOGRAPH SESSION: 3:00 – 3:45 PM Saturday on the front straightaway.
- CAMPING ON THE FAIRGROUNDS: $25.00 per night (no reservations required)
- TRACK PHONE NUMBER: (951) 940-0134
- TRACK WEBSITE: http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/index.html
- TRACK SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook: Perris Auto Speedway; Twitter: perrisautospdwy; Google_ Perris Auto Speedway; Twitter: perrisautospdwy; Google+: Perris Auto Speedway; Instagram: perrisautospeedway; Youtube: Perris Auto Speedway
2016 Budweiser Oval Nationals Pre-Entered Cars
# Driver Residence Car Owner
1 Kevin Thomas Cullman, Al 4J Motorsports
2 Austin Williams Yorba Linda, CA John Jory
3F Colton Slack Brentwood, CA Ted Finkbinder
4 Damion Gardner Concord, CA Mark Alexander
4G Chris Gansen Verdemont Heights, CA Gansen Engineering
4S Mike Spencer Temecula, CA Gansen Engineering
4D TBA Gansen Engineering
5 Chris Windom Canton, IL Baldwin Brothers
5 Logan Williams Yorba Linda, CA John Jory
5M Max Adams Loomis, CA Max Adams
5X Tom Malcolm Corona, CA Dino Napier
10 Richard Vander Weerd Visalia, CA Vander Weerd Racing
11 Dave Darland Lincoln, IN Jeff Walker Racing
12 Ronnie Gardner Corona, CA Robbie & Gaye Allen
12A Josh Pelkey Phoenix, AZ Robbie & Gaye Allen
17 Josh Hodges Tijeras, NM Jack Hodges/Sam McGhee
17X Danny Faria Jr. Tipton, CA Danny Faria Jr.
17GP Aaron Farney Brookston, IN Michael Dutcher Motorsports
21 Alex Bander Ramona, CA Richard, Vander Weerd
21AZ Stevie Sussex Laveen, AZ Michael Burkhart
21A Matt Mitchell Newport Beach, CA Michael Burkhart
30 C.J. Leary Greenfield, IN Chuck and Tammi Leary
32 Chase Stockon Fort Branch, IN Chase Stockon
36 Anthony Lopiccolo Yorba Linda, CA John Springstead
39E Kyle Edwards Fountain Valley, CA Gordon Edwards
42 Carson Macedo Lemoore, CA Dwight Cheney
42X Thomas Meseraull San Jose, CA Joshua Bates
44 Cody Williams Corona, CA John Jory
51 R.J. Johnson Laveen, AZ Bobby Martin
51T Eddie Tafoya Chino Hills, CA Eddie Tafoya
56 Ryan Bernal Hollister, CA Michael Phulps
52 Isaac Chapple New Castle, IN Isaac Chapple
64 Parker Colston Lake Elsinore, CA Richard Gore/Paul Colston
69 Randy Waitman Ramona, CA Randy Waitman
69 Bud Kaeding Campbell, CA Alan Kaiser
69 Brady Bacon Broken Arrow, OK Dynamics Inc.
81 Jon Stanbrough Brownsburg, IN Jon Stanbrough
81X TBA Steve Watt
83 Austin Liggett Tracy, CA Austin Liggett
88V Jace Vander Weerd Visalia, CA Vander Weerd Racing
91R Brody Roa Garden Grove, CA BR Performance
92 Jake Swanson Anaheim, CA Moose Racing
92M TBA Moose Racing
97 Brett Mellenberndt Sioux Falls, SD Brett Mellenberndt
98 Jeremy Ellertson Lawndale, CA Jeremy Ellertson
98V Verne Sweeney Lomita, CA Ken Tracy
98JR Andrew Sweeney Torrance, CA Ken Tracy
98E Chad Boespflug Hanford, CA NineEight/EZR
Oval Nationals Champions
1996 Jimmy Sills
1997 Rip Williams
1998 Rodney Argo
1999 Rickie Gaunt
2000 Tony Jones
2001 Bud Kaeding
2002 Bud Kaeding
2003 Cory Kruseman
2004 Cory Kruseman
2005 Dave Darland
2006 Dave Darland
2007 Bud Kaeding
2008 Jesse Hockett
2009 Damion Gardner
2010 Chris Windom
2011 Damion Gardner
2012 Mike Spencer
2013 Dave Darland
2014 Robert Ballou
2015 Bryan Clauson
|First place in the Oval Nationals will pay $25,000.00, second will pay $15,000.00 and third will pay $10,000.00 at the Saturday finale. Saturday’s main event will pay $1,000.00 to start. The two preliminary nights, Thursday andFriday, will each pay $5,000.00 to win and $500.00 to start. All three nights of intense racing action will be full-points paying races for the USAC National and USAC/CRA Sprint Car Series.|
Teams wishing to enter the historic running of the 21st Oval Nationals can download the entry blank at the following link: http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/forms/16ovalform.html
The complete 2016 Perris Auto Speedway schedule is at the end of this release.
Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank its corporate sponsors. All Coast Construction, All Seasons Tree Repair, Amsoil, Archibald’s Restaurants, Ayers Hotel and Spa, BlueLine Rentals, Budweiser, Bud’s Tire Pro, Center Point Church, Champion Towing, City of Perris, Country Values Magazine, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Ed Moore Bullet Proof Driveshaft, Edelbrock, Engine Pro, Green Sheet, HD Industries, Hoosier Tires, Horizon Solar, Imola Restaurant & Bar, K&N Engineering, Luke’s Transmission, Paul Oil Company, Pepsi-Cola, Pick-A-Part Auto Salvage, Pizza Factory, Pole Position, PrintItNow.com, R. David Bulen Insurance, Scott Sales, Shaver Specialties, Square H, Sunstate Equipment, Swedish Speed, Original Tommy’s Burgers, Trench Shoring, US Foods, Valley News, Vista Paint and Weedmaps.
To keep up with all the latest Perris Auto Speedway news, photos, gossip and receive special offers, sign up at The PAS Facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perris-Auto-Speedway/113876798686480?ref=hl
You can also keep up with the latest news and receive special offers from The PAS Twitter site: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter.
Video and DVD productions of all racing events at Perris Auto Speedway are available from Loudpedal Productions. For more information on these productions you can contact them by calling (805) 844-3854, E-mailingmailto:email@example.com or you can visit the web site LoudPedal Productions
Perris Auto Speedway is located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of October’s Southern California Fair), approximately one-hour east of Los Angeles and one-hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds.
firstname.lastname@example.org is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment.
November 9th Oval Nationals Practice
November 10th Budweiser Oval Nationals “Presented by All Coast Construction”
November 11th Budweiser Oval Nationals “Presented by All Coast Construction”
November 12th Budweiser Oval Nationals “Presented by All Coast Construction”
December 10th Winter Challenge Series – PASSCAR Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
January 7th Winter Challenge Series – IMCA Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
January 21st Winter Challenge Series – IMCA Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
February 11th Winter Challenge Series – IMCA Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
February 12th Winter Challenge Series – IMCA Modifieds, PASSCAR Street Stocks, Super Stocks and Factory Stocks
NOTE; THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE