shopify
analytics tool
Sunday, November 19, 2017

Legends Racing Season ends October 14th at Las Vegas Bullring

Big West Racing Home Page Forums Race Chatter Legends Racing Season ends October 14th at Las Vegas Bullring

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Harold Kraus Harold Kraus 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Harold Kraus
    Harold Kraus
    Participant

Legends/Bandolero’s getting ready to race in 2018

Twelve cars made the trip to race in the Asphalt Nationals. There were no Asphalt National race winners from the RMLRA this season, but several drivers did very good in the final points standings for the 2017 USLCI. In the Masters division Scotty Scott finished fifth in his feature to win the 2017 Masters Championship. Darrell L. Stewart finished third in the national standings. In the Semi Pro division DJ Stewart was in position to win the championship but had a driver run into him in turns three and four coming to the checkered flag. Darrell finished fourteenth and the driver behind him was penalized to finish behind him. DJ finished third in his division in the national points race. Jason Hulvey finished seventh in the points championship. For a complete detail on the races check out the results on USLCI Facebook. More information can be found at RMLRA.org

US Legends looking to organize BANDOLERO Race Cars in CO/NE/WY
    There has been a show of interest from several drivers to form a Bandolero class of race cars to race at the smaller tracks of I-25, Hwy 92 and Big Country Speedways. These race cars are built by USLCI. Not sure if they would run at CNS because of the high speeds. This race car was built for slower speeds on a shorter track. This class will race at tracks with the RMLRA when they race. This class is still being organized but have about eleven driver commitments to race. There are two classes of Bandolero’s, Bandits and Outlaws. This class of cars will be a spec class as is the Legend race car. A Raceceiver and a transponder would be two additional items needed to race in this class where transponders are used. Cars will be sent through safety inspections before racing is permitted and after races some cars will go through a tech inspection by INEX Tech Officials looking to confirm that all specs are in compliance with the rules for the Bandolero car.
    As far as we know an INEX license will be required. The Bandolero class has a major championship as do the Legends. More information on this new class will be released as it is made known. If you would like to get on the RMLRA mailing list please contact me at http://www.info@rmlra.org These cars have raced at I-25 and Big Country Speedway in years past. A demonstration of the cars was held at Hwy 92 Speedway in Nebraska last month. If you are not familiar with this race car, go to http://www.uslegendcars.com and click on start racing. Next click on Bandolero and view the car. I have been told that there may be a special rate to purchase a new car for this class to form. Please contact Adrian Walker at awalker550@aol.com or Jason Hulvey at hulvman@yahoo.com if you might be interested.

RMLRA Awards Banquet November 11, @ Unser Racing
    The RMLRA will hold their 2017 Awards Banquet November 11, 2017 at Unser Racing again this year to reward those who raced and achieved their awards for this past racing season. This will give anybody the right to also get on the Unser racing track and get a few laps under racing conditions. There is an extra cost for this and drivers who plan to race should bring their driving gloves and helmet for this activity. That wold probably be better than putting one on that just came off another driver that raced before you. If you have not attended a Legends Banquet I would advise you to check this out on the Internet. After the racing a meal will be served and with a short break the Awards ceremonies will take place. If you were not a RMLRA member you still are invited to attend. Door prizes are given out during the program and all drivers will receive one. Plan to purchase a ticket and enjoy this great night with your fellow drivers.

A Repeat Reminder from last Newsletter

One more thing to pass along is to inform anybody interested in buying a car number and is new to the Legend racing, please contact me so we don’t duplicate numbers. Members that pay their membership during the off season automatically keep their number from year to year. I have one car changing numbers for next season.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow BWR

1,541FansLike
5,798FollowersFollow