Sierra's Race against meningitis
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > Racing info

Racing info Any racing stuff that doesn't fit into the other categories.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Flagman
BigWestRacing Staff Writer

Flagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura about
Hi Way 92 Shootout

I wanted to take a moment and express my gratitude to Sandy and Lee for asking me to flag the races for them. It was a thrill to be back in the stand doing what I love. The folks over in Nebraska really know how to treat people right. By the way...Lunch was AWESOME!

I also want to "Thank" all the drivers and teams for the outstanding job they did. For the most part all the races were clean and everyone raced hard. Only one major crash in the Limited Late Models on the start of a race. Looked like a cold tire thing with a car breaking loose and getting out of control.

My son has been wanting to race Hi Way 92 once during the season. We had hoped to make it over on a regular Friday night show, but that never worked out. I let him decide where he wanted to race Saturday and he decided to go to Gering. There were 11 cars in his class and he had a great time racing with everyone. Third in the dash and heat, fourth in the main. Not bad for his first time on the track. He didn't like dad giving him a warning for being a bit aggressive making a pass.

Finally I want to let all the staff know what a pleasure it was working with you. You all are very professional in what you do and through your efforts and hard work made the show great!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dennis Ritts
Former Head Flagman/Track Official
For Many Local Area Tracks
RMQMA Information Writer

God Bless the USA.
Flagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
frosty
Bar Stool Racing Legend

frosty is on a distinguished roadfrosty is on a distinguished roadfrosty is on a distinguished roadfrosty is on a distinguished road
Modified Coupes at Shootout

First, great to see Dennis in the flagstand at Hi-Way 92. A real PROFESSIONAL!!

The raceway held an exhibition for modified coupes. Five (5) CARC Mod Coupes made the trip. 12 - Jaime Bubak, 43 - Matt Pierce, 43m - Wayne Muhler, 80x - Jason Bunt, 95 - Cris Muhler. Thanks to them for making the long tow to Gering.!!!

My recap story can be read at https://modcoupes.com/Race_Recap.html SOON, But two teasers:

Cris Muhler qualified at 12.99. Track officials told us he turned the fastest lap EVER at Gering (any division) I can't verify that ...only repeat what I was told.

Next time you talk to the Muhler's or anyone else who saw his victory lane burnout celebration. ASK for details. AWESOME!!!

CARC Mod Coupe #61 Owner
SUPPORT YOUR COLORADO RACING HERITAGE - JOIN CARC- www.modcoupes.com

Last edited by frosty; 10-01-2013 at 02:48 AM.
frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Hall of Fame Member (silver level)

757 will become famous soon enough757 will become famous soon enough757 will become famous soon enough757 will become famous soon enough757 will become famous soon enough757 will become famous soon enough
Is there results from all classes posted anywhere? Would love to see how the I-25 cars did

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Greenlight Tavern AM PM Tune and lube, Redemption Tattoo,Knukle Energy, Hagen Racing/Amsoil
757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
frosty
Bar Stool Racing Legend

frosty is on a distinguished roadfrosty is on a distinguished roadfrosty is on a distinguished roadfrosty is on a distinguished road
Gering

Please understand I don't follow the other classes strongly. I can say this...I assume you are talking about the Larson Street Stocks. Sledge was there and I remember 2 Larson cars 82 and???. The 82 was running near mid pack in the main and the other car was near the front. BUT, I know nothing about the finish. There were 17 Street Stocks there and Sledge gave $100 to ALL quick timers. I was amazed they made the trip to Gering. Real racers do that!!! We need more of them.

Please forgive if I missed any fact. I'm old...Really

CARC Mod Coupe #61 Owner
Old 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Pateemotorsports
Bar Stool Racing Sophomore

Pateemotorsports is on a distinguished roadPateemotorsports is on a distinguished roadPateemotorsports is on a distinguished road
The whole Patee Motorsports Family and Crew would like to thank Everybody from Gering, Nebraska and Hi Way 92 Raceway Park for putting on such a special event. The track owner Lee was so generous and thanked us multiple times for coming up from denver to help make this shootout a special race. Race Promoter Sandy did the best job i have ever seen on putting on a great show not only for the race fans but feeding all the crews and taking care of the drivers and families is something that you never hear of anymore. I can not being to thank everyone who was involved in such a great way to end our season. a special thanks to Nebraska Transport Company for all the hospitality they supplied us this weekend and to sledge for making the weekends events even bigger. Thanks to all the racers who showed up from Wyoming, Nebraska, Denver and Pueblo, for helping making this race a big race. We made so many memories and new friends this weekend. you can count on us returning next year many times to such a great town, and great racetrack.

For those who could not make the trip this weekend, or was busy racing here is a link to the in-car camera of our Main Event 50 Lap Super Stock Shootout at Hi Way 92 Raceway Park. Hope everyone enjoys it and Hope everyone will make a trip to Hi Way 92 Raceway Park to enjoy the races next year.

http://youtu.be/x4CQdHtGuw8

Thanks Again, Kyle Patee
Pateemotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
National98
Hall of Fame Member (platinum level)

National98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enough
CONGRATS Kent looks like you got another Shootout Win (couldn't tell from the video so I assumed you finished at the front) how many does that make it

Great Run Kyle too bad about the rotor

Last edited by National98; 09-30-2013 at 07:36 PM.
National98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
krs
Bar Stool Racing Champion

krs is on a distinguished roadkrs is on a distinguished roadkrs is on a distinguished road
shootout.

First and foremost. This is how this track is run. I have raced here 4 times this summer and have never put a scratch on the car. The drivers at 92 give respect and race clean. Sandy is a racer and knows what to do.It was cool to race against to I 25 bunch again, real cool dudes. Sandy would call out the line up, and then say guys line up is good have fun racing. How many times have you seen that at CNS?
I raced the car Dave Brown crashed real hard in 2011. A few parts and it was in prime form.
We had trouble with a new power plant, aka starters. The track was very helpful with that issue.
Also thanks to Dennis Ritts, good flagging all night and the use of his 4 wheeler. I want to make 92 my home track, though its still a 2 hour drive for me. As always Lee and Sandy put on a good show. This was a good end to the year after getting your $ss handed to us at Iowa in the Kimmel race.
We will not give up on 92 next summer, for it is so close to the lake house for saturday boating.
Thanks Hwy 92 for a great weekend.

I race the brand that did not get a bail out. The Fords from Sterling 71 071
krs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
National98
Hall of Fame Member (platinum level)

National98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enoughNational98 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by krs View Post
First and foremost. This is how this track is run. I have raced here 4 times this summer and have never put a scratch on the car. The drivers at 92 give respect and race clean. We will not give up on 92 next summer, for it is so close to the lake house for saturday boating.
Thanks Hwy 92 for a great weekend.
AWESOME post Kent-great to hear about the type of racers you compete with. As you know I am not built to handle to much bs in tech (like awarding a championship to a car that did not go to tech and immediately loaded after the races)-plainly state the rules and enforce them equally, seems to be too hard for some tracks to figure out So I either sell the newly built car or find a track to have fun at. Seems as though 92 might have it figured out.

So I noticed that when we go to 92 we can enjoy the lake house too

Getting your arsh handed to you at a Kimmel race is nothing to feel bad about-just making the show is a victory and you've made the show many times.

Last edited by National98; 10-01-2013 at 06:41 AM.
National98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Flagman

Flagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura aboutFlagman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty View Post
First, great to see Dennis in the flagstand at Hi-Way 92. A real PROFESSIONAL!!

The raceway held an exhibition for modified coupes. Five (5) CARC Mod Coupes made the trip. 12 - Jaime Bubak, 43 - Matt Pierce, 43m - Wayne Muhler, 80x - Jason Bunt, 95 - Cris Muhler. Thanks to them for making the long tow to Gering.!!!

My recap story can be read at https://modcoupes.com/Race_Recap.html SOON, But two teasers:

Cris Muhler qualified at 12.99. Track officials told us he turned the fastest lap EVER at Gering (any division) I can't verify that ...only repeat what I was told.

Next time you talk to the Muhler's or anyone else who saw his victory lane burnout celebration. ASK for details. AWESOME!!!
Just read your story on the CARC site. Great write-up! I checked with Sandy and she was sure that Chris' 12.99 was the fastest lap ever. I enjoyed the racing the CARC's put on, always a classy bunch of racers.

Dennis Ritts
Former Head Flagman/Track Official
For Many Local Area Tracks
RMQMA Information Writer

God Bless the USA.
Flagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
frosty
Bar Stool Racing Legend

CARC

Thanks Dennis. The CARC bunch enjoyed Gering a lot. Hope we can back in 2014 with a regular show.

CARC Mod Coupe #61 Owner