Transmission Clinic
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > Stock Car Racing > Trucks

Trucks They are not just for haulin' old dishwashers anymore.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #46
Joe Starr
Administrator

Joe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really nice
Prostreet, Jim and Adam, I hope you can attend the meeting Saturday. Adam I hope the change in venue will allow you to attend, I know that you had said that you could not make the meeting in your first post.

With the powers from the track all reportedly going to be in attendance this would be an excellent opportunity to have your opinions heard by the people that make the rules.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Photo
Joe Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #47
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

PROSTREET is an unknown quantity at this point
Joe,this is Rich.Remeber,the #1 Yankee fan.My posts went the wrong way.But there is truth to everything I said.I know longer drive so its not my place to assist in offering suggestions in a division I am no longer part of.However,as always,I will always offer my opinion especially after 30 years of racing.
PROSTREET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #48
jim weese
Bar Stool Racing Legend

jim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enough
Unfortunatly the truth is that the team that has the best equipment usualy does the best. It is not like it use to be. When it cost more to get the crew in the gate than first place pays then someting is wrong. Alot of people do not have the $$$ or dont want to live in a trailer just to go racing. I have seen people put rags on their kids but they had a 50k race car. I for one had to re think racing when i got sick. i wish i had all the money i spent on race cars in 2003 to 2006. I could have paid off my house with it.
I love racing but i also like my home, my cars, my kids, and my security.

I have 3 trucks. One new one and 2 used ones. My decision is do i want to spend 25 k per truck just to run or should i invest that money in my IRA, my buisness or pay on my home. This is the demon that all of us racers have to deal with. I will attend the meeting and make a decision to race or go fishing with my kids. one thing is for shure,,, something has to be done or the writing is on the wall for racing in colorado

jim weese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
adam hilton
Bar Stool Racing Journeyman

adam hilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Just as I thought you your self or your team has a truck setting why are you not racing it that is what I am getting at. Joe at this point I would not miss it. Justin has put in a lot of effort to take this on all by him self I do hope good change comes of this.
adam hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #50
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

Its not mine.I would drive it today if allowed.I crew 2 other cars.Wish I had the time.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #51
Joe Starr
Administrator

Joe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROSTREET View Post
Joe,this is Rich.Remeber,the #1 Yankee fan.My posts went the wrong way.But there is truth to everything I said.I know longer drive so its not my place to assist in offering suggestions in a division I am no longer part of.However,as always,I will always offer my opinion especially after 30 years of racing.
Don't have a problem with you expressing your opinions; I agree in principle with some and not so much with others. But I do think that all of the opinions need to be heard so that a reasonable solution can be made. I know your back ground and experience and your 30 plus years of motorsports involvement is a valuable asset.

Same for Jim and Adam, oh and lets not forget rbr36, I can only admire what you guys do, but lets get together and find something we can all live with.

I am sure that you all have seen or heard what has happened to the speedway in Irwindale California. Lets all pull together to make sure that does not happen here.

Richie, Pitchers and Catchers report next week.

Photo

Last edited by Joe Starr; 02-14-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #52
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

understood!!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #53
adam hilton

adam hilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Rich you had posted in your first post about "Grey area " in the SS it says you can run a 4 speed if your car your V.I.N number car came with one, then to be deemed legal because richerd petty drove one or what ever they come up with,then to change the rule for every one cuz one person did not play by the rules has a long lasting change. Now you have three and four speeds light fly wheels light clutch and most of all alot of money can and now has to be spent to keep up in a stock division,
adam hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #54
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

Adam,do some research before you shoot your mouth off.We won the protest legally by the book.As far as flywheels,come by the shop.we will show you anything you want to see.JD checked everything on our car every week.Sorry you didnt make it in tech to see that but it happened every week.Dont really know where you are going with this but im done with it.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #55
Joe Starr
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam hilton View Post
Rich you had posted in your first post about "Grey area " in the SS it says you can run a 4 speed if your car your V.I.N number car came with one, then to be deemed legal because richerd petty drove one or what ever they come up with,then to change the rule for every one cuz one person did not play by the rules has a long lasting change. Now you have three and four speeds light fly wheels light clutch and most of all alot of money can and now has to be spent to keep up in a stock division,
Adam, I think your concerns about the SS are being addressed by the new Director of Tech. He is scheduled to be at the meeting on Saturday and you can address these questions to him at that time directly.

I know that he wanted to clean up some of the Grey Areas

Photo
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #56
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

Last comment,I built that car from the ground up.Nothing illegal anywhere.You were beat because of the amuont of time we spent with set-ups.Nothing more.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #57
dynamitedave

dynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dynamitedave
Nothing illegal??? Hmm I recall one night I tried to tear that motor down and was not allowed to as per Scotty! So the only reason it was not found to be illegal was the prior management would not allow us to check I know because I was asked to remove the very same motor from the car I was driving! I think the track needs to hold up its end! Answer me this why does it have to cost as much to run a truck as it does a late model!!!!!

I just want to go FAST!!!!!!!!
dynamitedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

this is childish.Attack the champs as always.Kinda fun!!!! BUBYE
Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #59
dynamitedave

dynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished road
Who said anything about the champ???

Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #60
dynamitedave

All we ever heard was the economy is way the cars are sitting! Wich tells me that the goat is out of hand rich you said in one of your posts that if you can't afford it you shouldn't race good luck keeping fans in the stands when you have 3 or 4 cars in all classes! How long do you think a race track could make it like that! You have to have people To keep the lights on and you kinda need cars to bring the people! But I'm sure in your 30 years of having top notch equipment and know how you already understand that