Transmission Clinic
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > Stock Car Racing > Trucks

Trucks They are not just for haulin' old dishwashers anymore.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #31
Geoff Briggs
BigWestRacing Staff Writer

Geoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Geoff Briggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmod23g View Post
Angie and I will plan on being at this meeting. We are planning on running both our gam and our pro truck at CNS this season. While it hasnt been decided yet who will be driving either one, the plans are to have both vehicles race ready by the first practice session. We hope to have our driver situation finalized in the next week or so. We arent a large budget team either. But are hoping to be able to be competitive with what we have. Either way we intend to support the track and both divisions to the best of our ability.
If you need a driver for the truck Kenton, I am available. I will fly home for every race

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Geoff Briggs

Pit Crew
19w XMod Chris Weimer
45 IMCA Mod Ryan Roath

Dealer for Bad A$$ Racing Gear

www.badassracinggear.com
Geoff Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #32
rbr36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

rbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enough
The problem is the economy period! The weekly cost of racing is so huge it is killing our sport. Pay offs have went down, maybe it in what we get for a pay out but in what we have to spend weekly. Fuel, pit passes and food. It is like everything right now prices keep going and going yet pay stays the same. It takes a toll on all of us. The weekly costs need to go down and stabalise and the pay needs to increase.

Richard Burton
rbr36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #33
rich78
Bar Stool Racing Journeyman

rich78 is an unknown quantity at this point
I truly do hope good comes out of this meeting. We would like to run a pro truck but after talking to a couple owners, and having them explain the cost of tires every night to be competitive, fuel, and entry fees it was out of our reach, we would like to move up and if a tire rule did come in effect it would help us as well as the others that dont have the big money to put tires on every Saturday night. I like others, dont want to have to deal with nor listen to the BullSh*t like what this Forum was starting to head towards. I do know it is fun to watch and would love to see it Stick Around and be one of the larger classes. JMO

Rich
rich78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #34
frankie estes
Spanky38

frankie estes is on a distinguished roadfrankie estes is on a distinguished roadfrankie estes is on a distinguished roadfrankie estes is on a distinguished road
a tire purchase rule would help keep costs down in every class.

Late Model 38 & 39 Super Stock 37

www.estesracing.com
frankie estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #35
rbr36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

rbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enough
Yes I would go with a tire rule that is truly a rule and can be strictly in forced! The last one was not and a number of people were getting around it!!! I do think the tire we will be running in 2012 will last longer. Last years tire was done after 50 laps. The old tire we were running left sides 2 to 3 wks. and right sides 2 wks. and were still fast.

Richard Burton
Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
hath27
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

hath27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hoosier tires have a unique barcode on every tire. This barcode makes it very simple to scan a tire and determine who purchased it. Many sanctioning bodies and race tracks utilize this barcode to control tire purchases.
Hoosier even has an instructor: Hoosier Tire Bar Code Label/Tire Tech with Irish Saunders of Hoosier Racing Tires.
Previous CNS management said they would NOT police this effort. Will new management make this effort? I strongly suggest it for many, if not all, the weekly classes that run at CNS.

disgruntled racer
hath27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #37
rbr36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

Maybe Webby will pass this on to Mr. Kilgore. Thanks Mike!

Richard Burton
Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #38
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

PROSTREET is an unknown quantity at this point
If you cant afford to race ,dont race.If you cant run with the big dogs,learn what it takes to be fast,do your research and testing or go home.The trucks could be the best division out there.we need to get rid of the whiners,the drivers that shouldnt be there in the first place.Just get rid of the offset in HP by using a crate eng.As far as shocks,use a claim rule and be ready to lose them.Stay firm on Chassis and body heights and list the types of trannys that can be used.Quit crying about the top 5 drivers and learn what it takes to become one of them.leave the tires alone,these are PRO trucks.They should be just under the elite Latemodels.Just sayin!!!!! My honest opinion,give these guys something to race for,incentives,trophy dashes,bigger purses,right now its a losing proposition.Every rule has been bent or broken.Every program with tire management in the past has failed.Too many friends out there if you get my drift.Dont allow those type of oppurtunities to occur.Black and White.NO GREY!!!!PS,start the season with a set of rules and stick to them.Respect gets lost when decisions are changed constantly.Its ok if you hurt our feelings :-)believe me,we will be back.Everyone wants NASCAR,then run it that way.

Last edited by PROSTREET; 02-14-2012 at 04:54 AM.
PROSTREET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #39
adam hilton

adam hilton is an unknown quantity at this point
NICE pro street!!!!!! Well said, NOT. First off there are only a hand full of people out there that have all the money up front to run, so by what you have started off with "IF you don't have the money stay home" you have just cut the field in half again, many people like my self budget this racing in there lifes . Also tire management is a must for the trucks and needs to be for other classes as well . You do have a few good points such as NO GRAY'S. If it don't say you can then you can't,this is the race track. Now it sounds like you are one who can afford to "RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS" guess what there is a class for you late models. K&N pro series. BUSH or perhaps. "NASCAR" like you had mentioned.
adam hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #40
rbr36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

There is a stepping stone to each class. Run the class you can afford.

Richard Burton
Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #41
adam hilton

@ rbr36. This is why i am putting up a fight. when i started there was a tire rule, there was a motor rule "one motor" there was a shock rule,there was a ride hight rule,so when i looked at moving from the dirt i took a look at all of this to pick what class suited me and my money the best, since then we now can spend about $7000 on tires a year there are three motors, a spec motor, a parts list motor, and a happy free motor, witch are all diff and all are legel. The shocks are out of hand, adjustable and the cost is crazy and they are a must have. One more is the striaght rail truck nothing at Roger he has helped me more then anyone but where did this in any way shape or form help and save the truck class? The trucks now can be as low as you want and some are allowed to drag, A rubbed off oil pan cost the truck class one brand new truck for 4 or 5 weeks. So with that i did use the stepping stones to get in to the class i could afford and the truck class also used them to step away from us!!!! Chris cox #48 dustin porter ? bobby durand #4 jerry gargner adam hilton #40 danny #67 keith mattlock sheds are us truck and most of all billy dont race weekly. So we all picked the wrong class or to many changes for personal improvments have been made instead of making them for the best interest of the truck class. Back the class up, make it affordable, or say by to it, For the SS class please read carefully,
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #42
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

.Wha,wha.Its racing.Its expensive but its not always money.LEARN LEARN LEARN.Research and test and you will find out how little the cost can be.Just because you dont win you cry.How many times have drivers,(real drivers) been put in slower vehicles,less of a motor and still won.1/3 of the truck field havent got a clue.Not picking on anyone,just feel if you guys put as much time in research and testing instead of whinning you too will be fast.I agree that something needs to be done to bring the trucks back and I will repeat,that will be by incentives,purses special nite payoffs ext.You put skinny tires,slow the motors down,try to have a tire rule and YOU will be beat by the same drivers!!!Accept that you are not the greatest driver in the world and then maybe,just maybe,you can start building yourself into a better driver.Just sayin!!

Last edited by PROSTREET; 02-14-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #43
jim weese
Bar Stool Racing Legend

jim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enoughjim weese will become famous soon enough
WOW. That was harsh, Bring your wallet prostreet and i will sell you a brand NEW truck and 2 used ones, Cash only

Jim Weese
Kris(The Enforcer)Weese
jim weese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #44
adam hilton

Par for the course every post has to have a destructive smart mouth!!! First off what car in what class do you drive,pro street sounds as if you go straight? ??? Next is I am not crying this post started off by asking what it would take for old parked trucks to come race,next was what it would take to make them who race to race more,never said I was gods gift to driving,nor do I have plans to do this for a living and so it " Must" make since for people like me to do it as a hobbie,if you don't have something constructive and helpful as input to helping the truck class please just stop typing .
Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #45
PROSTREET
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

The truth usually is.Im not attacking any one person Jim,but its always the same thing.They are winning because they spent more money and it cost too much to race.Its getting old.I built many,many cars,winners and losers regardless of the bankroll.I have seen JUNK win races and ultra high dollar trucks not get out of their own way.Its always the same excuse and its always from so called drivers who find it very hard to win a race.I dont want this to turn ugly,not meant that way at all.Just getting tired of slowing down RACECARS!!!