Sierra's Race against meningitis
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > Stock Car Racing > Trucks

Trucks They are not just for haulin' old dishwashers anymore.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #16
ChassisDynamics

ChassisDynamics will become famous soon enoughChassisDynamics will become famous soon enoughChassisDynamics will become famous soon enoughChassisDynamics will become famous soon enoughChassisDynamics will become famous soon enoughChassisDynamics will become famous soon enough
I for one, think that a productive meeting for the future of the truck division is a great idea and much overdue. However, like Adam I am hesitant to believe that this one will produce any positive, long lasting results. ( I do hope I am wrong!)

For fear of possible legal ramifications (again) I will not be in attendance either.

As I stated before, I do believe a positive, productive meeting is a great start. But,,,,,,, does anyone else find it very ironic that a meeting to insure the "Pro Truck survival, and investment protection", is being hosted by a team that has done more to destroy the truck division than all other factors combined?? Of course just my opinion..

Tim Hodson.
ChassisDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
adam hilton
Bar Stool Racing Journeyman

adam hilton is an unknown quantity at this point
I said ethanol at this meeting 5 years ago ask joe star, here is an example of a rule change with out thought that for the future and long term of the pro trucks was and is going to be detrimental , with out it being talked about suddenly we was able to run a straight rail I know I will be on the chopping block for this but o well. They are better and in time they will just keep changing and getting better tell it is at the point you have to have one to win, this stuff is not new technology guys they are dumb rule changes that cost a lot of money,
adam hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
protruck_2

protruck_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pro Trucks

I agree with you webby. I watched the trucks all year while we were getting ours ready and there were only a few nights where it was not a pretty good race.
As I stated in my last post the best thing for everyone who wants to bring a truck out to race is the shorter schedule. That alone save us racers alot of money and in turn helps put on a better show.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
Jacob29
Hall of Fame Member (gold level)

Jacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enough
Are trucks doing well at any tracks around the country? Why recreate the wheel, see what's working somewhere else.

This keeps getting brought up in a round about way, but there are so many classes, how does someone decided what class they want to run that's in the "upper" classes versus another. They look at the bottom line: cost to build, cost to race per week, and purse. The latter is the hardest to change. Realistically, what would it take to get someone like me to run a truck versus a sportsman/etc. That's what should be on everyone's mind.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
http://www.primalracing.com
Jacob Fehler - 1st American Insurance Agent - Send me a PM - I can insure almost anything, including Racecars.
Jacob29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
Jacob29

Jacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enoughJacob29 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearchild View Post
Maybe Pacific Motorsports could try and refrain from attempting to SUE anymore of its ProTruck competitors in 2012 ?

That might help the future health of the division ?
This is pretty important. Maybe that racing insurance I mentioned last summer would come in handy, besides the fact that it covers your racecars while in transit...

Jacob Fehler - 1st American Insurance Agent - Send me a PM - I can insure almost anything, including Racecars.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #21
adam hilton

adam hilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Jacob 29 that is on spot! Now what is it or would it take to have you back at cns it a truck week in and week out or as much as they race
adam hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #22
Jacob29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam hilton View Post
Jacob 29 that is on spot! Now what is it or would it take to have you back at cns it a truck week in and week out or as much as they race
Dirt on the track.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #23
BobbyJr
Hall of Fame Member (silver level)

BobbyJr is on a distinguished roadBobbyJr is on a distinguished road
HA HA Nice Jacob
BobbyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
dynamitedave

dynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished roaddynamitedave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dynamitedave
Here's the problem I see! Over the last few years the changes that have been made were just made on a whim and ended up costing the racers more money! So if this meeting is just to rubber lip about the way things should be and not going to change the issue this is pointless! The other thing is keep in mind what the reason for the meeting is (to better the class) and not for personal gain!!!

I just want to go FAST!!!!!!!!
dynamitedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
superstock23x
Hall of Fame Member (double platinum level)

superstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura aboutsuperstock23x has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to superstock23x
The price of scrap metal is up!
superstock23x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #26
ShhhhhhhhRacer
Hall of Fame Member (double platinum level)

ShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really niceShhhhhhhhRacer is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock23x View Post
The price of scrap metal is up!
ShhhhhhhhRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #27
Simonsonj

Simonsonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone,

First, I would like to thank everyone for the respectful input on the concerns everyone has with the pro trucks. This is what the track needs to help us in the future.

Second, I need to reinforce that this meeting is not in any way about the rules for the 2012 season but is needed for the track rules for 2013. We need to bring all of these issues/ideas to light and I will give them to the track after the meeting.

Third, Paul Garrison will be attending the meeting.

Fourth, we will be holding nominations for the 2012 pro truck class representative so if you want to be involved you need to be at this meeting.

Fifth, an agenda will be passed out before the meeting starts.

Sixth, This is the most important! The meeting will not be held at Pacific Motorsports Inc. The meeting will be held at C B & Potts at 1257 West 120th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80234. The date and time are the same. February 18th, 2012 at 11:00A.M. to 1:00P.M. (303) 451-5767 () This is to make the meeting more centrally located for everyone. I apoligize for any inconvenience.

Thank you and keep the ideas rolling in.

Justin Simonson

Last edited by Simonsonj; 02-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Simonsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #28
Joe Starr
Administrator

Joe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really nice
The meeting location has been changed and will be held at;

February 18, 2012 at 11am
C B & Potts
1257 West 120th Avenue,
Westminster, CO 80234.

Date and time remain the same.

Photo

Last edited by Joe Starr; 02-16-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Joe Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
dirtmod23g
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

dirtmod23g is an unknown quantity at this point
Angie and I will plan on being at this meeting. We are planning on running both our gam and our pro truck at CNS this season. While it hasnt been decided yet who will be driving either one, the plans are to have both vehicles race ready by the first practice session. We hope to have our driver situation finalized in the next week or so. We arent a large budget team either. But are hoping to be able to be competitive with what we have. Either way we intend to support the track and both divisions to the best of our ability.
dirtmod23g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
highplains14
Bar Stool Racing Champion

highplains14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to highplains14 Send a message via Yahoo to highplains14
I think that one thing that all classes need to do , not only the Truck class is start looking at what will work to get the cars and trucks that are sitting in gerages not runing back out on the track. I as a fan who have not gone to CNS in the past two years becasue car counts in my three favorite classes have gone down so much that it is not enjoyable any more. I remember wen there use to be two heat races of Late models with 12 cars in each heat, Same wiht thw GAM's. The trucks in there first year didnt have as many but still had enough to have to good heat races. Also find away to get the car count up on the trains too. watching 5 trains is not as fun as watching 10 trains. I as a fan want to be able to go and watch races and watch them all after the scheduled time that is advertised. Please find away to get the car count back up. to make an exciting show. If it cant be done on the pavment then turn it back to dirt. Jut my thought from a race fan.

Jason "Crash" Grout.
highplains14 is offline   Reply With Quote