Race Car Realtor
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > Stock Car Racing > Trucks

Trucks They are not just for haulin' old dishwashers anymore.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Simonsonj

Simonsonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Pro Truck Survival Meeting and Investment Protection

We are hosting a meeting on February 18, 2012 at 11am in Loveland, CO for the following topics.

1. Truck count at CNS for 2011 and registered trucks for 2012 year.
2. Prize Money from 2011 and for 2012.
3. Open session and brain storming: How do we get more trucks?
4. 2012 Truck rules clarifications.

Jim Nordhougen and Art Kilgore will be in attendance.

We will be serving pizza and soda for the meeting. We will also have beer available after the meeting is over. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come and participate in the meeting. Please help us spread the word so we can get back to having a full field of trucks!

Meeting will be held at Pacific Motorsports Inc.

Pacific Motorsports Inc.
1115 South Garfield Avenue, Loveland, CO

**Note:The meeting place has been moved to:

C. B. & Potts
1257 West 120th Avenue,
Westminster, CO 80234

Same date and time.

Any questions please call Justin Simonson @ 303.642.5861 or Steve Johnson @ 970.566.0179

Last edited by Simonsonj; 02-11-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Meeting place was moved.
Simonsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
adam hilton
Bar Stool Racing Journeyman

adam hilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I have been to many of these meetings, and most have had the same result. I as much as any one who has trucks setting at home would love to fix this. I will not be able to be there so here are my thoughts.First off every person that goes there needs to look at the economy and figure out what changes can be made to cost less to race, but with that, you will have the first fight.Every meeting I have been to no one wants to go up against the small hand full of guys that have race there for 25 years and can afford all of it, a man dated 604 for the season of 2013 will be a big step and a hundred pound weight brake for them who run it this year. lower the chip rule to help 604 and or enforce the rule we have. next we have become late models, shocks and transmissions are off the hook there are 25 HP differences is a muncie to a jerco and a lot of money, shocks we need part numbered shocks or a clam rule for the cost of a q.a.1 off leary shelf 3000 dollor shocks for a tenth or two that the averga racer can't afford or have the knowledge to use until 5 years down the road. makes them not come back. And a cheap carb the same one for every one that comes on the 604 I have 2 390s one cost 2500 flow 700cfms passes tec one flows 390 every one runs a 750 you cant go bigger there is not enough air in colorado there for you can toss out your tec tools that don't mean anything and as we all know tires big fight few options . There are very few people who can buy new tires weekly so if this one problem is not fixed you will have the same 5 fun winners there so don't be afraid to piss off the veterans with new ideas such as impound the top 5 trucks tires and they run them the next week main event!
adam hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Simonsonj

Simonsonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Good post. I would like to see a couple of things come out of this post.

1. Would everyone that has a truck even if you are not going to race this year please post your name and the # of your truck so we can see how many trucks are really still out there.

2. Another topic that would help us is what would it take for you to come back to the race track with your truck. Whether that would be a engine rule, shock rule, prize money or whatever you are having issues with.

Thanks

Justin

Last edited by Simonsonj; 02-08-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Simonsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
protruck_2

protruck_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pro Trucks

We will be running the #2 truck the entire season this year.

After buying our truck last year some of the things we have noticed are, Tire cost is way over the top! I think a tire that is a harder compound and can be ran more than one week is the number one thing to get settled. The second concern for us is the engine rules.

The third concern for us has already been addressed. (the number of race nights )

Todd Hunter
720-855-5190
protruck_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
adam hilton

Well I have the 06 truck and the 60 truck from the post above you know some changes I would like to see that would also help bring my trucks back more then 5 or 6 times per year . To the # 2 truck a am with you but compound of tire don't matter cuz a new hard one is still better then a old hard one no pun intended! We need some kinda tire mangment like my rookie year 8 new at the start of the year and only two a week keep the numbers on tires !! I most of all would like inexpensive shocks with only that oem parts in them.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
frankie estes
Spanky38

frankie estes is on a distinguished roadfrankie estes is on a distinguished roadfrankie estes is on a distinguished roadfrankie estes is on a distinguished road
trucks should be on 8 inch tires also. trucks have lost some appeal. there to much like, at cost as much as a super late model. some of the drivers still think they need to wreck you to win. if you look at the class. some trucks can fit in sportsman, some can fit in super late model. they should not cost as much to run as a super late model.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Late Model 38 & 39 Super Stock 37

www.estesracing.com
frankie estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
rbr36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

rbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enough
So lets not worry about the pissing off the veterans the same ones who have carried this division for all those years!!!!!!!!! Then people who have never ran the trucks wants to tell the trucks what the problems are. A 8 inch tire is not the answer unless you all want to buy body parts with the little money you may save with that little tire. Motor rules have been the same for any years. If you run a 390 carb and spend that much to make it illegal I guess we will run aganst it until someone can find the way to tech it. I am for a crate rule but not for making a Sportsman ruled truck. The softer tire could be a plus due to the "no tire softner" that it should bring along. The tire they are putting us on should last and be a good tire. Shocks if that is a problem which I dont think that is why there is a low truck count then yes there are a lot of shocks out there but I hope hose of us out there are not going to have to buy all new shocks. Yes I think the pay out has not been good but that is in someone elses hands. I hope we can all be sensable in our reasoning and keep this class a great class as it has been.

Richard Burton
rbr36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
adam hilton

There are 5 to 10 trucks that show up every week with 4 trucks that can win! Watching the truck race is like watching paint dry, there needs to be change or you 4 are not going to have any one to race with Richard that's all I was getting at!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
thebearchild
Hall of Fame Member (gold level)

thebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enoughthebearchild will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Meeting will be held at Pacific Motorsports Inc.

Pacific Motorsports Inc.
1115 South Garfield Avenue, Loveland, CO

Any questions please call Justin Simonson @ 303.642.5861 or Steve Johnson @ 970.566.0179
Maybe Pacific Motorsports could try and refrain from attempting to SUE anymore of its ProTruck competitors in 2012 ?

That might help the future health of the division ?

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."

Last edited by webby; 02-09-2012 at 08:09 AM.
thebearchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
5.0THIS
Hall of Fame Member (gold level)

5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough5.0THIS will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 5.0THIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearchild View Post
Maybe Pacific Motorsports could try and refrain from attempting to SUE anymore of its ProTruck competitors in 2012 ?
lolz

Former CNS Sportsman 24
5.0THIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #11
webby
Worlds fastest admin

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam hilton View Post
There are 5 to 10 trucks that show up every week with 4 trucks that can win! Watching the truck race is like watching paint dry, there needs to be change or you 4 are not going to have any one to race with Richard that's all I was getting at!
Adam, I respectfully disagree with ya on that. I have been at every single race for the past three years and I gotta say the Trucks pit on a very entertaining show. And I'm not being biased. In fact, it's no secret I was never much of a fan of truck racing. But truth be told those guys put on a great show.

It would be great to get the truck count up but that's true in every division.

webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
RACE4FUN
Hall of Fame Member (platinum level)

RACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enoughRACE4FUN will become famous soon enough
In every divison some have better car counts then the trucks but normally in every divison there is your top 4 or 5 guys that win from week to week...
The Truck divison has been put through heck and back for a couple of years and that is when and why the car counts went down
I so hope there will be more trucks out and trust me I get the $$$ side of it cause there is alot of people that drive week to week and make due with what they have becuase they love the sport.............

RACE4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
adam hilton

When there is a field of trucks your right they put on a great show but when there is not its painful to watch 4 trucks half a lap ahead of the other 3 or 4 and with that the point I was making is there needs to be change I only give out a few ideas that are big money savers. 500 for a set of tires 100 for fuel 100 for pit passes 40 for transponder that is 740 we were doing this almost every week and for alot of people sponsors don't come easy and that is what alot of people make every two weeks we are not going to get the purse to fix that there for the cost has got to go down. Change people I don't like all of it my self but if we don't we are all going to have 25000 yard art!! Look at this scott b added race parts to the rule book for SS three years in a row, they had 35 cars a week with 15 possible winners now we have 20 on a givin night with 4 winners. Now we need to starts a entry level class and class because that one is gone. 8500 SS motor 4 speeds every person reading this know the problem to scared to back up and think and change.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
HurricaneRacing

HurricaneRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
I have pro truck #8 sitting in my garage, I would love to be out there racing, but as of right now I cant afford to finish it so we will see what happens. Also I can tell you this if they went back to the 8" tire I would sell the truck for sure or crush it because that was way to dangerous look at what happened to Gerry Gardner. I do like Adams idea of going back to limiting the amount of tires you are allowed to buy. Also in my opinion it has become all about who has the most money is going to win, and it doesnt pay enough to win in the trucks anyways!! It almost cost as much to build a truck as a late model yet pays a third of late model purse. A crate motor would be cool but in all honesty its not really any cheaper. I honestly think the purse or payout is the biggest reason most people dont bring their trucks out. Race gas prices have also gotten out of control, I suggest ethonal like they run in Nascar but no one really seemed interested, its cheaper and creates just as much power.

Hurricane John Negri
Pro Truck #8
HurricaneRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
HurricaneRacing

HurricaneRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
I also agree with Adam on the super stocks that use to be a begginer class. But now you have very wealthy people that also drive late models, building cars that are untouchable. I dont think anyone who has run in the sportsman, trucks, or late models should be allowed to run in the super stocks.

Hurricane John Negri
Pro Truck #8
HurricaneRacing is offline   Reply With Quote