BST Promotions
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Golf Cart Rentals and Sales Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc License Plate Spray “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race Advertise on Big West Racing

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > The Fourth Turn Third Rail of Remembrance

The Fourth Turn Third Rail of Remembrance A Memorial for the participants from the "Greatest Show on Wheels"

Old 02-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Stockcar19
PIT-PASS Membership

Stockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the rough
Another Racer gone (R.I.P. Roger Nelson)

We lost Roger Nelson today. I don't have any information, as soon as I get any I will post it.
Stockcar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
MUHLER
Bar Stool Racing Sophomore

MUHLER is on a distinguished roadMUHLER is on a distinguished roadMUHLER is on a distinguished roadMUHLER is on a distinguished road
We in the racing community, have lost a true and dear friend...my condolences go to Richard and his family for the loss of his father. USLMA tech will never be the same.
MUHLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
billlesmerises
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

billlesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enoughbilllesmerises will become famous soon enough
This is sad to hear. He has been around racing since I can remember! You would always notice hin because he towered over everyone, (except Richard) He will be greatly missed especially around the racing community! My deepest condolences go out to the whole Nelson family!!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Race Bandit
BigWestRacing Staff Writer

Race Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enoughRace Bandit will become famous soon enough
Heart felt condolences to the Nelson family. I'll personally miss him and the bar stool, along with the wealth of knowledge he carried with him.
Mike
Race Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
mattburton36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

mattburton36 is an unknown quantity at this point
major thoughts and prayers to the nelson family from the whole burton family and crew
Old 02-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
rbr36
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

rbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enoughrbr36 will become famous soon enough
Post Heaven

God is gathering a lot of great people from around our racing family! Richard and family I am deeply saddened to hear of Roger "dad"s passing. With the Nelson's and Hathaway's we enjoyed some great racing times and made great friendships. Thanks for letting us be apart of that. God bless you all with thoughts, prayers and love! Richard and Vickie and the entire Crew including Big Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburton36 View Post
major thoughts and prayers to the nelson family from the whole burton family and crew
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Joe Starr
Administrator

Joe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really nice
With tremendous sorrow and sadness that I again have to announce the passing of one of our USLMA family members. Just as we mourn Kathy Hathaway, our dearest tech official, one of the founding partners in USLMA, dearest friend and family member Roger has succumb to an apparent heart attack. Roger Nelson, 81 of Pueblo, Colorado joined our lord and savior on February 19, 2010. Our sympathy and condolences go out to the entire family. As arrangements are finalized, we will be sure to pass them along.

If anyone has pictures to share, please forward to racing@uslma.us

Regards

Jeff “Sledge” Larsen
President USLMA
Old 02-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
sburson
Bar Stool Racing Rookie

sburson is an unknown quantity at this point
Roger will truly be missed. Condolences to the Nelson family, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Entire Burson Racing Team
sburson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
Joe Starr
Administrator

Joe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really niceJoe Starr is just really nice
Roger Nelson

Friday, February 26, 2010 - 10:30 AM

Memorial Service:

Holy Family Church
2827 Lakeview Avenue
Pueblo, Colorado 81005

Gathering following service:

The River's Edge Banquet Hall
102 South Oneida
Pueblo, Colorado 81003
Old 02-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #10
Stockcar19
PIT-PASS Membership

Stockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the roughStockcar19 is a jewel in the rough
I don't know if this is legal but I am posting this for those of you who knew Roger but did not get all the information or the link to leave a personal message.

Dale “Roger” Nelson

Dale “Roger” Nelson, 81, was born Jan. 16, 1929, in Clintonville, Wis., and passed away Feb.19, 2010. He was preceded in death by his parents; his brother; and four sisters. He is survived by his loving wife Elsie, whom he was married to for 57 years; his children and their spouses, Mary Kay (Alan) Hamel, Jayne (Vern) Curtis, Richard (Pattie) Nelson and Janet "Chickie" Nelson; and his grandchildren, Nathan (Hannah Ingles) Hamel, Lisa Hamel and Allie Marie Nelson. Roger also is survived by his special nephew, Jim Mauss and his family; his sisters, Marion Werth, Rosella Gartzke and Lois Kreklow; and numerous nieces and nephews in Wisconsin. He served in the 5th Infantry Regiment of the 1st Cavalry Division and participated in five major campaigns in Korea. He was awarded numerous medals and was honorably discharged from the United States Army on Oct. 12, 1952. Roger was employed by CF&I for 32 years and upon his retirement, he was general foreman – maintenance of the seamless tube mill. He was a member of BPOE No. 90, a head tech official for the United States Late Model Association and at Beacon Hill/I-25 Speedway, and a NASCAR member. His passions in life were his family, building race cars and street rods, attending Late Model races and car shows throughout the Southwest, visiting his buddies at their shops, and seeing his mill friends for lunch on Fridays. He will be dearly missed by his wife, children and grandchildren, but will be remembered forever. There will be no viewing. Cremation, Montgomery & Steward Crematorium. Memorial Mass, 10:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 26, 2010, Holy Family Catholic Church, 2827 Lakeview Ave., with the Rev. Father Heriberto Torres as celebrant. Concluding with military honors by the Pueblo Veterans Ritual Team. Online condolences, MontgomerySteward.com
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:46 PM MST
Stockcar19 is offline   Reply With Quote