Race Car Auctions
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > Big West Racing News Center > Front Page News

Front Page News Big West Racing news and editorials. (Maximum attached image size is 240x240 pixels).

Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
MarcMoser
Gearhead

MarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enoughMarcMoser will become famous soon enough
An early season thank you to CNS racers and fans

I rarely, if ever, get on here anymore and it's not because this site isn't great...it is.

However, the reason I came here today is to thank all of you CNS racers and fans for a great start to the season.

In all of my years at CNS, I'm not sure I've seen more competitive, door to door, clean (with just a few exceptions), good hard racing to begin a racing season. You guys and and gals have put on a tremendous show so far, and not just in the A-mains, I'm talking about the dash and fast dash races as well. It's been fun, it's been exciting, it's been respectful (w/a few minor exceptions) and it's been terrific for the fans. You've adapted to the new style of qualifying and points without hesitation and have generally been professional and gracious with the fans, especially during the intermission autograph sessions for dash and fast dash winners. I appreciate the effort and I know I'm not the only one.

To you fans who've braved 3 out of 4 weekends with "iffy" weather, thank you very much. Obviously, we couldn't race and the track would not exist without you, so thank you for being diehards and for braving what mother nature brings us during spring-time racing. It's sometimes hit and miss, but you've been there in pouring rain and gusty winds and your dedication is not lost on the track nor myself.

Now, I've been around loonnnnnnnnng enough to know that tempers will flare, guys will think they're being screwed by someone for some reason and fans will get fed up with my singing. But, overall, I think the on-track product has a chance to be great this year and I look forward to seeing you put on the best show that any racetrack west of the Mississippi River has to offer on a week in and week out basis. You're doing great, so let's all keep it up and have a year to remember. Seems to me the track could use more figure 8's and trains, but the Demo X (cross) guys are helping to make up for it and the fans love it.

Fans, I know you appreciate the sacrifice and hard work these guys and gals put into racing every week and you show it with your wallets....again, thank you! And, if you get a chance, please show the drivers and their crews the appreciation by heading over the pits after the races to say hi and give a high five.

Finally, one request from me. Driver, after your race, please try to slow down enough to get off the track in turn 2. I know cruising around for a lap or two to "cool down" is somewhat needed on occasion, but if too may do it, it becomes a bit of a time waster. With more time, we can do more standing driver intros and get you and your sponsors much more love. I know it's not always possible and there can be a traffic jam, but if you make the effort, I'll give you extra special Mose' love....and believe me, everyone wants that.....or, maybe they don't. Thanks in advance and keep your elbows up and the hammer down!
MarcMoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
newracefan
Bar Stool Racing Veteran

newracefan is on a distinguished roadnewracefan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to newracefan
I agree.....the racing this year has been top notch so far. That track announcer has been top notch as well.....one of the many reasons im there every Saturday nite
newracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
wendy08
Hall of Fame Member (platinum level)

wendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the roughwendy08 is a jewel in the rough
The season so far has been a lot better I would have to say! Bringing qualifying back was huge! Having 27 late models last weekend was awesome!
wendy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
webby
Worlds fastest admin

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by newracefan View Post
That track announcer has been top notch as well.
Yeah, especially the guy who has to fill in for Moser when he's late.

webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Geoff Briggs
BigWestRacing Staff Writer

Geoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of lightGeoff Briggs is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Geoff Briggs
Glad im not there to hear Webby announce HA!!!!

JK Webby!!!!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Geoff Briggs

Pit Crew
19w XMod Chris Weimer
45 IMCA Mod Ryan Roath

Dealer for Bad A$$ Racing Gear

www.badassracinggear.com
Geoff Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
webby
Worlds fastest admin

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Briggs View Post
Glad im not there to hear Webby announce HA!!!!

JK Webby!!!!
I'm glad for you too!

Last edited by webby; 05-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Nostalgic Mike
Hall of Fame Member (gold level)

Nostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enoughNostalgic Mike will become famous soon enough
Moser... Thanks again from me!! When you are not there doing the announcing, the show lacks a little. Moresy does an admirable job in your stead and webby.. well he is doing his best to fill in as well as try to keep up with what he already has on his plate!!
There have been some great race announcers at CNS and at the other Colorado tracks over the many years I have attended races. Mark Moser stands right up there at the top!!! The list is long and glorious but i won't go into detail.. I hope that Moser will stick with it for as long as it keeps going!!! The singing part???.. EH... Don't give up your day job please Mose!!!!.. It's all great fun and is great for a good chuckle.
I've said my piece, now on with more racing!!!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Hope everyone enjoys a great off season. Congrats to all the champs and ROTY's
Nostalgic Mike is offline   Reply With Quote