Race Car Realtor
Ultra Cool Brake Fans Racing Engines Robertson Racing Speed Shop Race Car Realtor Full Service Transmission Shop Advertise on Big West Racing
Joe Starr Photos Victory Performance Inc Advertise on Big West Racing “Colorado Phillips County Raceway Rat rods for sale “Race

Go Back   Auto Racing Forum | Big West Racing Forum > The Big West Racing Community Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Hot set-ups and juicy racing tips. Ask and answer here!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
redliner

redliner is an unknown quantity at this point
C&S billet aerosol carbs

Hi guys! I have access to a C&S billet alch. aerosol carb and I have never heard of them. Are they any good? Thanks Redliner
redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
MBaldwin

MBaldwin is an unknown quantity at this point
carb question

The aresol carb works well at WOT. The booster signal on a 4bbl around 750 CFM @ 15" is around 27.4wg wide open (here at altitude). This is at a flow rate of 85%. The sheer type used in the aresol is 24.0wg. The thing is you get much more air and a larger droplet size in the manifiold. Draggers love this- it also works well with roundy rounds that keep er' up in RPM. The response is less and on a tight track some guys do not like this. You can over come some of this by large acc pump shot and leaning out the middle with emulsion holes and air bleed size. Guess it comes down to this... what kind of racin' do you do and what is your driving style? Guy's that like crazy top end love em!
MBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote